Improving operations excellence is one of the most crucial challenges facing organizational leaders today. But just what is Operations Excellence? We define it simply: doing things systematically so that you service your customers better and faster than your competitors can. In our experience, those “things” may differ based on your industry, your strategy, and the stage of development for your organization.
To create a solid foundation for Operations Excellence, organizations should begin by identifying the goals of the improvement:
- Grow your capacity to deliver products and services without substantial capital investment
- Streamline responsiveness to the demands of your customer
- Increase revenues and profit margins
- Strengthen the quality and value of your product or service.
Our approach is always customized to fit your specific situation, which is vital to any organizational improvement effort. We employ a variety of tools in service to the types of projects we’ve supported:
- Process design and improvement
- Production planning and scheduling
- Report development and data analysis
- Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints
- Maintenance systems
- Project management
- Process digitization
- Performance measurement systems
- Quality systems
- Supply chain management
- Service operations
We consult with you to determine your organization’s goals and capacities, and custom-fit the appropriate methods and techniques to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. In addition, we’ve found that many of our Organization Development services coordinate especially well with the Operations Excellence services we offer.